星期五, 4月 03, 2009

My Robots

Hello, everybody! My name is Kevin and I going to introduce my robots!

My first robot can walk with a motor. It is easy to make it because all the components are ready-made. All I need to do is combine them together.

The second robot is different from the first one. It doesn’t look like a “robot”. It looks like an arm only. But it can catch lots of things, such as pencils, erasers, ping-pong balls. The happiest thing for our classmates to do is to play with such a robot. We are divided into two teams and each team needs to pass a ping-pong ball with the robots and throw it into a cup. Besides, if you ask me how I make this robot, I must tell you that it takes me FIVE motors to finish it. That’s why it can turn, it can raise itself up or lower down.

The third robot and also the last one, so far, is very complicated. All the components are made by myself. We must pay attention to the size and the shape when I was making them. Otherwise, I have no compatible components to use. Besides, it has nine motors inside. This time, the motors are special for its turning angles. Each of them can turn 180 degrees only. We must take this characteristic into consideration before we finish our own robots. This type of robots are unique because they can be controlled by our voices. If we give them a command by voice, it will respond. We are still working on this. We hope we can “teach” them to talk with AI language chips.

In the future, my ideal robot would help kids to do homework and find excuses for me when I don’t behave myself. Ha…Ha…Ha… just kidding! I hope I will create a robot that can help humans solve difficult tasks, such as working in the space, treating illness within human bodies.
Each time I make a robot, my mind is full of happiness and expectation. I know I will do it better and better after so many tries!

沒有留言: